Sunday, November 8, 2009

Share #1

Last Tuesday we got our first share of produce, and it was all very...green.



From left to right, we have Swiss chard; tatsoi (an Asian green related to Bok choi and turnip); below that cucumbers; Bok choi; radishes; and some leaf lettuce. I must confess here that I sort of failed on my very first week of produce. By the time we ate the lettuce, we had to pick
through it for the pieces that weren't brown and wilted. I wanted to cook the Swiss chard on Friday, but that was too late--it was wilted and leaving it in cold water for a while did not revive it. Perhaps the worst part is that I bought some at the grocery store because I still wanted to cook some Swiss chard. I have to do better in the future.

Now for the successful part! There was a recipe for a hash of mixed Asian greens on the newsletter that we got when we picked up our produce, so I thought I'd give it a shot. In addition to the greens it required potatoes, onions, garlic, and eggs, and luckily I had all three. This dish was really good and I will make it again if we get some of the same greens next time.

1 comment: